Everyone surviving holiday craziness so far? It’s a ton of fun and so busy at the same time, right?! With two boys—one who is old enough to be VERY excited, haha—and the normal duties of being a working mom, this season can be nuts. But this year, I’m dedicated to staying organized, stress-free (as much as possible), and I wanted to share 5 ways I’m doing that:
- Holiday accessories: Instead of relying on buying new outfits for holiday events, I’m picking up fun accessories—think a sequined clutch, velvet shoes, festive statement earrings. These can match with other dresses or outfits I already own, so I’m not only saving money but also making things easier.
- Zen driving: Parking lots are insane this time of year, but instead of getting frustrated or letting road rage get the best of my holiday spirit, I’m giving myself a few extra minutes to get places and driving slow. It’s amazing what a little mindfulness can do when handling something like traffic and parking lots.
- Hostess gifts: I mentioned in this post that having wrapping paper on hand saves so much stress, but during this season I also like to store hostess gifts. Whether that’s a box of sweets, holiday candles, or hand lotion, having general thoughtful gifts on hand is a life-saver.
- Me time: It’s easy to get wrapped up in your to-do list in December, so it’s especially important to keep up the self-love. Even if it’s a quick bath or 10 minutes of reading before bed, having some amount of time that’s just for me each day is helpful.
- Volunteer: Instead of focusing solely on presents and monetary items, I love volunteering my time to a shelter or something similar. This is great for the soul, and it’s what the holidays are all about! Teaching the boys to take time for others is beautiful, and it’s nice to take a timeout to realize how grateful we are—and that the to-do list can wait.
How do you stay sane during the holidays? Let me know in a comment below!
Hope you have a great week!